Left Behind: THE MARK Chapters 12 through 14

http://reachmorenow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/140320213530-ac-intv-yin-grief-counselor-flight-370-families-00014802-story-top.jpg

Left Behind: THE MARK Chapters 12 through 14


Rayford couldn’t sleep. Pacing various floors in the cavernous Strong Building, he happened by Chaim’s room. The door was wide open, and in the darkness he recognized the old man’s silhouette. Chaim sat motionless on the bed, though Rayford knew he had to see and hear him in the corridor. Rayford poked his head in.


“You all right, Dr. Rosenweig?”


A loud sigh through the wire–bound clenched teeth. “I don’t know, my friend.”


“Want to talk?”


A low chuckle. “You know my culture. Talk is what we do. If you have time, come in. I welcome you.”


Rayford pulled up a chair and sat facing Chaim in the darkness. The botanist seemed in no hurry. Finally, he said, “The young woman takes my wire out tomorrow.”


“Leah, yes. You can’t tell me you’re worried about that.”


“I can hardly contain myself waiting.”


“But something else is on your mind.”


Chaim fell silent again, but soon he began panting, then leaned into his pillow where he was wracked with great sobs. Rayford pulled his chair closer and laid a hand on the man’s shoulder. “Talk to me.”


“I have lost so much!” Chaim wailed, and Rayford strained to understand him. “My family! My staff! And it is all my fault!”


“Little is our fault anymore, sir. Carpathia is in charge of everything now.”


“But I was so proud! So skeptical! Tsion and Cameron and Chloe and you and everyone who cared about me warned me, trying to persuade me. But oh, no, I was too intellectual. I knew better.”


“But you came to the Lord, Chaim. We must not live in the past when all things have become new.”


“But look where I was not that long ago!


Left Behind: THE MARK Chapters 12 through 14



Left Behind: THE MARK Chapters 12 through 14