DANIEL IN THE 21st CENTURY

DANIEL IN THE 21st CENTURY


by Ray Mossholder


 


Consult every book, magazine or manual,


And you’ll never find a greater servant than Daniel.


At the Daniel whose name is the name of a Book


In the Bible, take a long look


At the courage, the faith, the true love of the Lord


That this Daniel had. His God he adored.


He had faith like a knight in shining armor.


He was a sight, a real charmer.


 


One day another Daniel was deeply engrossed in God’s Word


When a really cute girl said, “That’s so absurd


For you to be wrapped up so tight in that Book


That you haven’t taken a really good look


At me, ‘cause I love you and I want a kiss,


I don’t want to live the rest of my life as a Miss.


So put down that Bible and give me a smack


And you’ll find that I will kiss you right back.


We can go on and on like that for hours,


And when we’re done we’ll need cold showers!”


 


Now the girl was gorgeous and that’s the truth


Daniel had watched her at a kissing booth.


He’d not kissed her himself but just watched in awe


As guy after guy kissed her and then he saw


Them stagger away in ecstasy,


Delirious. happy as can be.


 


Daniel told her flat out, “No,


You’re too fast for me. I want to go slow.


There’s a lot more I want to happen in my life


Before I find the woman I want for a wife.”


Well, then quit talking about marriage, let’s make love


That’s what God is, so it comes from above.


He wants you to experience abundant life


You can’t do that without me.” She cut like a knife


At his willpower, because as she drew close


Her perfume got to him, she’d taken a dose


Of it and it smelled so sweet.


Daniel was suddenly swept off his feet.


Pucker up, baby!” the Delilah said,


And Daniel thought, “I wish I was dead.


Because I know this isn’t God’s will for me,


But my sins are forgiven since Christ died on that tree,


Whatever I do is washed in Christ’s blood,


Why not make love?” Then came a thud


As Daniel’s Bible hit the ground


And like an alarm clock, that very sound


Got his attention and he suddenly prayed,


God, help me!” And no time delayed


The strength came from the Lord to resist,


Later Daniel thought, “What if we’d kissed?


How far could temptation have taken me


Away from God’s will and His destiny


That He’d planned for me from before I was born?


Like Sampson, I almost was shorn!”


 


But the Lord is a mighty help in trouble


He’ll deliver you, and that goes double


For times of temptation that seem really hard


Until He has your angel set a guard.


It was Daniel’s angel that pushed the Book


From his hand that day and made him look


At what almost happened with that pretty girl


Who had his brain in such a whirl.


 


And to all who think guys like Daniel are geeks,


He’s getting married in seventy weeks


To a Christian lady who in every way


Would blow that other girl away.


They’ll be partners for life, with joy every day,


Following Jesus, together they’ll continue to pray.


And what if he’d instead married that eager youth?


He’d have lost her forever at a kissing booth!



DANIEL IN THE 21st CENTURY