GEORGIA"S RECIPE – CHICKEN WONTON SOUP

CHICKEN WONTON SOUP


I didn’t have a lot of time but wanted something warm and a bit nourishing for my sweetheart. I blushed when Ray called it a masterpiece and said he wants it more often!  He loves his vegies. This is oh so easy to do. Dinner was ready in less than 15 minutes.


 


This recipe served two.  Increase ingredients if you have more people to serve.


 


INGREDIENTS:


 


1 Tbs. Olive Oil


1 Nice sized Garlic clove- diced small


2 Medium Carrots – peeled and sliced


1 Stalk of Celery – cut slices on diagonal


1 Medium White Onion cut into large pieces (about 1” square)


1 Tbs. Spinach Flakes (I used dried flakes because that’s what I had but, if I had some Bok Choy, I would have used that for my greens)


[Next time I’m going to also add sliced mushrooms but I didn’t have any when I made it this time.]


Splash of low-sodium Soy Sauce


6 Frozen Potstickers (mine were chicken with vegetables)


1 Box (32 oz) Chicken Broth


 


PREPARATION:


 Put olive oil in a pot.


Prepare the vegetables


Heat the oil in the pot and then add the vegetables. Stir and let them cook several minutes on medium.


I added a dash or two of Seasoned Salt.


Finally add the Chicken Broth and a splash of Soy Sauce.  When the broth is simmering add the frozen Potstickers.  


Your soup should be ready to serve about five or six minutes later.



GEORGIA"S RECIPE – CHICKEN WONTON SOUP