Georgia"s Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad

http://reachmorenow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/brocolli-cauliflower-salad-w-bacon.jpg

I dove into my double-wide recipe box for a recipe to share with you and, BINGO, this is what I found–a 3 by 5 slip of paper with cursive handwriting by Agnes Cox of Albuquerque.  She brought this salad to a gathering over 30 years ago and everyone raved about it and gobbled it down.  But that wasn’t enough for me, I begged Agnes for the recipe.  I think you’ll be happy she shared it.


BROCCOLI & CAULIFLOWER SALAD


INGREDIENTS:


1 Small head Cauliflower                          1 bunch of Broccoli


½ Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese           ½ cup Celery


6 strips fried & crumbled Bacon              ½ cup Mayonnaise


½ cup Sour Cream                                     ½ package Cheese & Garlic Good Seasons Salad Dressing


Instructions: “Combine and Refrigerate.”


As you will see, she didn’t exactly describe how to cut things up but I recalled the pieces were bite-sized or smaller. I just toss the vegetables and cheese and bacon into a bowl, Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together with the salad dressing and put them all together.  There isn’t a note on the slip of paper but I seem to recall that she said to let it wait a little while for the flavors to blend.  She also added that you could personalize the recipe by including your own favorites like chopped onion, seeds, nuts, raisins, or craisins, etc.  It  just can’t get any easier than this!



Georgia"s Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad