Bob Goff"s Love Does Chapter 9 Just say YES

http://reachmorenow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/28.jpg

Bob Goff’s Love Does Chapter 9 Just say YES


I love playing practical jokes on my buddies. My friend Doug made the big mistake of telling me one time where he was going to celebrate his tenth wedding anniversary. He had rented the penthouse too tempting for me not to come up with a prank.


A few days later, Sweet Maria and I went to the fancy hotel and checked in as if we were Doug and his wife. I walked up to the clerk at the front desk and confidently said that I was Doug and wanted to know if our room was ready. The room was prepaid so they tossed me the room key and asked me if there was anything they could do for me. I told them there indeed was and I’d be calling down from the room soon—I had a list. Sweet Maria and I skipped to the elevator that rocketed us to the top floor of the hotel to a huge pair of doors. We each grabbed a handle and turned at the same time. We were greeted by a magnificent room, the kind that a professional interior decorator had dressed from top to bottom.


On the far side of the room was a wall of windows with a stunning view of the city on one side and the bay on the other. It was a spectacular view, and the room was enormous. I think it must have had its own zip code. I picked up the phone, which went straight to the front desk, and we ordered room service. We had lobster for the first course. For dinner: lightly sautéed vegetables over rice and salmon. For dessert: actually, I’m not sure what the dessert was, but the table-side server set it on fire. It was so cool we ordered seconds. We turned on some beautiful music and danced. We laughed. We had them send the last of the plates had been cleared, we signed the waiter up for a big tip, tidied the room, and split.


When Doug and his wife checked in to the hotel several hours later, they were led to their magnificent room by a slightly confused but compliant bellman. Hadn’t they already checked in? What a fantastic night they had, I’m told. The next day, when Doug went to check out, the concierge slid the bill across the counter. Doug’s eyes popped when he saw a four-hundred-dollar room service bill.


Bob Goff’s Love Does Chapter 9 Just say YES



Bob Goff"s Love Does Chapter 9 Just say YES